North Land Family Counselling Group
‘It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.”
~ James Gordon, M.D.
Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In light of the present Covid-19 pandemic, the therapists at North Land Family Counselling Group realize the importance of maintaining services to our existing and future clients. We have been proactive in transitioning from “in person” meetings to telehealth meetings via secure videoconferencing, telephone, and email where possible.
When telehealth services are not feasible, face-to-face sessions may be offered.
During Phase 1 of our re-opening strategy, we are adjusting protocol and procedures to ensure the health and safety of our clients, admin staff and therapists by:
- Limiting the number of clients in the office.
- Closing the waiting room.
- Completing COVID-19 screening of each client prior to their appointment.
- Asking clients to phone their therapist when they arrive.
- Wearing masks in all common areas.
- Asking clients to sanitize their hands upon entering the office.
- Sanitizing all common areas regularly.
- Sanitizing office areas/materials after each client.
- Conducting assessments and play therapy sessions where close contact is required using a Plexiglas partition.
For tips on how to cope with the stress of the Pandemic please click on our Blog tab and refer to “Psychological Coping During a Pandemic.”
We are an organization of independent practitioners providing professional counselling, assessment, intervention and consulting services to individuals, families and organizations.
Photos compliments of Irene Austen and Deepika Mittra.